Hydra is an engineering and construction firm headquartered in Crawfordville, Florida. Hydra is a graduate of the US Small Business Administration’s 8(a) program and is also an Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business, certified by the USDOT as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and by the State of Florida as a Minority Business Enterprise. Hydra has extensive experience in our field with projects completed in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, North Carolina, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Virginia, Mississippi, Wyoming and Idaho for both government and private clients.
The companies core team has worked together for over 27 years and are skilled in the execution and completion of projects on-time and on-budget. Hydra has in-house professional engineers, general contractors and construction crews to self perform the majority of our work.
Leslie Weiss, President
Leslie obtained a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on water resources and environmental engineering, from the University of South Florida in 1993. She graduated valedictorian of her Civil Engineering class. She started Hydra Engineering, LLC in 2008 providing Civil Engineering and Environmental services. In 2009, Ms. Weiss obtained her State of Florida Certified Builder Contractors license. Also in 2009, the name was changed to Hydra Engineering & Construction, LLC, started providing General Contracting, construction services in-house and offering full Design / Build services.
Her registrations include
- Arizona Registered Professional Engineer No. 35616
- Colorado Registered Professional Engineer No. 32981
- Florida Registered Professional Engineer No. 56452
- Georgia Registered Professional Engineer No. PE03258
- Mississippi Registered Professional Engineer No. 19704
- Tennessee Registered Professional Engineer 116025
- Texas Registered Professional Engineer 112031
- South Carolina Registered Professional Engineer 31253
- Alabama Registered Professional Engineer 34152-E
- West Virginia Engineer 21247
- New York Engineer 096839
- Florida Certified Building Contractor No CBC1259149
- Registered Certified General Contractor No CGC1529351
Her Certifications Include
- Construction Quality Management for Contractors
- Georgia Erosion & Sedimentation Certified Design
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, No. 17066
- Fellow status with American Society of Civil Engineers
- Sustaining Member of Society of Military Engineers